مدیریت امور بین الملل
2003-2008 School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester. PhD in Pharmacy and pharmaceutical Sciences- Awarded January 2009
2002-2010 North West Clinical Pharmacist Rotation, Band 6, 7 and 8. Manchester, Stoke On Trent and Manchester
Children Hospital. UK.
2000-2002Foundation Management Skill Program, The University of Manchester.
1996-2001 MPharm (upper grade), The University of Sunderland.
Conferences and symposia attended
2014-16 -ACCP 2014, (Speaker and Board Member)
Nov 2013 -The 44th Union World Conference on Lung Health-France (invited speaker)
June 2012 -COPD8 (International Conference on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Birmingham, UK
General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain-member
Iranian Medical Council- Member
Member of Clinical Pharmacy Association (UK)
Royal Society of Chemistry-Associate Member (AMRSC),UK
British Association of Cancer Research (BACR)-Member.
British Oncology Pharmacist Association (BOPA)-Member.
Islamic Azad University ethics committee- honorary and visiting advisor
Awards and Achievements
Record of innovation with Manchester Innovation Ltd on a number of novel anti-cancer drugs designed, synthesized and biologically evaluated.
Medical Research Council award, United Kingdom
Royal Society of Chemistry Award. United Kingdom
Founder of clinical pharmacy services at Islamic Azad University Teaching Hospital (IAUPS)
Number of Iranian patents on various innovations
List of some Publications and poster presentations
(1) Virginia A. McNally, Mehdi Rajabi, Abdul Gbaj, Ian J. Stratford, Philip N. Edwards, Kenneth T. Douglas, Richard A. Bryce, Mohammed Jaffar & Sally Freeman. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Volume 59, 2006, 537-547.
(2) Mehdi Rajabi, Philip N. Edwards, Sally Freeman, Richard Bryce, Roger C. Whitehead, Laura L. Etchells and Neil M. Kershaw. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology supplement, Volume 58, 2006, 59-60.
(3) Rajabi M, Mansell D, Freeman S, Bryce RA. Structure-activity relationship of imidazoyl and hydantoin derivatives as inhibitors of thymidine phosphorylase. Eur J Med Chem. 2011 Apr;46(4):1165-71
(4) Mehdi Rajabi, Lyndsay Raine, Tasneem Khalid, Richard Hey. Preparation of Intrathecal Rituximab (anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) for pediatric patients with PTLD- British Pharmaceutical Conference 2011
(5) Mehdi rajabi, Mehdi Ahadi, Maryam Ebrahemee, Farshad Hashemian. Comparative studies of cytotoxic manufacturing practices in specialized Cancer Centersin Tehran against international guidelines (ASHP, OSHA, HSE-UK)- Poster presentation for FIP Amesterdam 2012
(6) Roufi-nejad K, Khosravani E, Rajabi M. Literature review on licorice and acne- what is the latest- poster presentation IPSS16
(7) Sarafian G, Afshar M, Asgarpanah J, Rajabi M. Quantification of major constituents of turmeric by HPLC- poster presentation IPSS16-2012
(8) K. Raoufi-Nejad, N. Salkhordeh, G. Sarrafian, M. Afshar, M. Rajabi. Non-invasive skin surface biopsy: an easy technique to detect Demodex folliculorum- Poster presentation 13th IPS 2012
(9) Mina Sharbafi, Hamid Moezzi, Mehdi Rajabi, Mohammad Shamssian . Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Comparative study between The GOLD and Random therapy- Poster presentation. The ERS annual congress 2013, Barcelona, Spain.
(10) Shiva Hashemi, Nasrin Shirzad yazdi, Mehdi Rajabi, Faezeh Monji, Parvin Talebloo, Rozita Bagherieh. Antibiotic prescribing review: rational or irrational therapy? Poster presentation 13th IPS 2012
(11) Minoo Afshar, Niloufar Salkhordeh, and Mehdi Rajabi. An Ecofriendly and Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for Determination of Permethrin Isomers:Application to Pharmaceutical Analysis. Journal of Chemistry. 2013, Article ID 697831
(12) Shiva Hashemi, Azadeh Nasrollah, Mehdi Rajabi. IRRATIONAL ANTIBIOTIC PRESCRIBING: A LOCAL ISSUE OR GLOBAL CONCERN? EXCLI Journal 2013;12:384-395 – ISSN 1611-2156
(13) S Garusi, M Rajabi, H Moezzi, Z Nasir baghban. Management of adult asthma: A randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, parallel trial of Ziziphus spina-christi extract. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2013: 17 (12 Suppl 2): 258
(14) Golnaz Sarafian, Minoo Afshar, Parvin Mansouri, Jinous Asgarpanah, Kosar Raoufinejad, Mehdi Rajabi. TOPICAL TURMERIC MICROEMULGEL IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PLAQUE PSORIASIS; A CLINICAL EVALUATION. IJPR 2014: 18 (14): 169-178
(15) Abdol ali Shahrasbi, Minoo Afshar, Farnaz Shokraneh, Faezeh Monji, Mahjabin Noroozi, Maryam Ebrahimi-Khojin, Seyed Farzam Madani, Mehdi Ahadi-Barzoki, Mehdi Rajabi. RISKS TO HEALTH PROFESSIONALS FROM HAZARDOUS DRUGS IN IRAN: A PILOT STUDY OF UNDERSTANDING OF HEALTHCARE TEAM TO OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE TO CYTOTOXICS. EXCLI Journal 2014;13:491-501
(16) Pediatric medicines and DUR- what is cost effective therapy? Poster presentation at UK clinical pharmacy association meeting
Latest publications and Books (2016-2018)
(1) Parichehr Bahraini, Mehdi Rajabi, Parvin Mansouri, Golnaz Sarafian, Reza Chalangari, Zahra Azizian. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. DOI: 10.1111/jocd.12513, Jan 2018
(2) M Rajabi, A Sharifi, M Nojoomi, M Fathi, F Hashemian. Investigation of the effect of Modafinil on hypnotizability. The International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Hypnosis. Awaiting publication June 2018
(3) Raoufinejad K, Mansouri P, Rajabi M, Naraghi Z, Jebraeili R. Efficacy and safety of permethrin 5% topical gel vs. placebo for rosacea: a double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2016 Dec;30(12):2105-2117.
(4) Maddadi S, Qomi M, Rajabi M. Extraction, preconcentration, and determination of methylphenidate in urine sample using solvent bar microextraction in combination with HPLC-UV: Optimization by experimental design. Journal of liquid chromatography and related technologies. Dec 2017: P: 806-812.
(5) Book; Urinary Incontinence: common questions and concerns. Vice presidency for research and technology, IAUPS, 2016, M Rajabi, F Shafigh, S Hasanloo
(6) Book; Contraceptions and Family planning, Vice presidency for research and technology, IAUPS. Awaiting printing
Sep 10-pres Senior clinical pharmacist at University Hospital of North Staffordshire, UK
Sep10-pres Supervising in excess of 25 final year PharmD students projects (thesis), IAUPS
Jan09-Feb10 Training and mentoring experience for pre-registration and junior pharmacist on pediatrics aseptic manufacturing (Cytotoxic, CIVAS, TPN)
June14-pres Visiting senior clinical pharmacist (Band 8a and 8b Stroke and cardiology pediatric hematology), North Staffordshire Teaching NHS Trust, Manchester Children Hospital, UK
May13-Sep13 Visiting clinical pharmacist (Band 8 Emergency medicine), North Staffordshire Teaching NHS Trust, UK
June-Oct 12 Clinical pharmacist, North Staffordshire Teaching NHS Trust, United Kingdom
Sep10-pres Assistant professor and clinical pharmacy lecturer- Islamic Azad University
Feb 10-Sep10 Freelance clinical lecturer, School of Pharmacy, Islamic Azad University, Iran
Oct08-Feb10 Rotational (Band 8) aseptic and oncology pharmacist, Royal Manchester Children Hospital, Manchester
March-Sep08 Clinical pharmacist (medicines management), Triniy-Chiesi Pharmaceutical, Stockport.
Interests and other skills
Usually run more than 10 miles a week, have over 5 years of training and membership of the British Kung-Fu Association. Travelled the majority of Europe and the Middle-east. Fluent (oral & written communication skills) in English and Persian.
Good IT Skills, including Microsoft office package, UNIX, and various current dispensing programs used by different pharmacies (e.g. Mediphase, Smartscript, etc.), GPs and NHS hospitals (e.g. Emis LV, Emis PCS, System one, Torex and Vision).
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org